Almost all the gamers of Nintendo Switch gets this issue about how to connect Nintendo Switch to monitor. Nintendo is a fantastic gaming console, which avails you to play versatile Nintendo games. Therefore, playing it on a big monitor gives an extravagant experience.
Further, monitors with different interfaces and connectivity become troublesome and confusing while trying to connect them with your Nintendo console. Regarding that issue, we will provide you with the easiest setup method of connecting Nintendo to any Monitor.
Well, before all that, let us get to know more about this high-end Nintendo Switch Gaming Console.
What Is The Nintendo Switch Console?
Apart from it is a game device, it is also a versatile game console, which is quite similar to XBOX and PS4 consoles. Though this has one dissimilarity, you can have access to all types of Nintendo games without a doubt.
Moreover, this mobile gaming device can also be played on big resolution monitors of PC, Projectors, TV, and Laptop. So, you can enjoy the large visual of your gameplay whenever you want to very smoothly.
Therefore, inside the Switch box, there are a 6.2 inches tablet, two joystick cons for control management, and one joy-con with grips. Also, you will get a special dock station, an HDMI adapter, and a power charger. So you will get it all in one console.
- You can use two joy-cons for playing a challenge game with your mate. Also, make it a dual player game console.
- You can play it in the normal game mode on the tablet, or connect the Nintendo to a PC or TV monitor and play it cool.
- You can also set it up into a gaming pad by placing the tab and joy-cons in the joy grip.
Connecting Nintendo Switch to Monitor – Simple Methods
Nintendo Switch is one of the best gaming consoles which can be played on PC or laptop monitors. Even you can also use a TV monitor for playing video games via this console. So, today I will tell you how to connect these three types of monitors with Nintendo Switch. Let’s start-
1. How to Connect Nintendo Switch to PC Monitor:
Now, we are going to teach you how you can easily connect up your Nintendo Switch to a PC monitor using an HDMI-DVI cable. So, before we need you to prepare for the cables and stuff, you’ll require to connect your Nintendo Switch console.
Well, with your Nintendo switch, you will also get an HDMI cord along with it. So, you can simply choose the type of cable you prefer to use for the connection. So, let head over,
- HDMI Female to DVI Male Adapter (use it by plugging it in with the HDMI lead) DVI male side will be plugged in the back of the monitor, and the HDMI port will get connected with the Switch)
- HDMI to DVI cable (which is easier to connect, and you don’t need the HDMI lead with it).
- Headset jack
If you are thinking of using your PC monitor’s DVI cable, this will be a bit complicated. In that case, you will need to convert it into the HDMI cable because the male bit of the cable is too big to fit into the Nintendo Switch’s plug hole. So, either way, you will not be able to utilize the cable and lastly get a DVI to HDMI cable.
Thus, let’s head over to how to connect Switch to a PC monitor with thorough steps.
- First, plug in the HDMI cable (HDMI side of the HDMI to DVI cable) to the Nintendo Switch console.
- Then connect the cable’s DVI port into the DVI port, which is in the monitor back. Now the PC monitor is connected with the Nintendo Switch. So the picture of Nintendo will be visible on the monitor. Moreover, the monitor gets speaker availability through the DVI connection.
- Now you can see the picture of the Nintendo Switch on the 1080p monitor is as good quality visual, but you do not hear any sound.
- Regarding that, the sound doesn’t get through when connected through the HDMI from the back of the dock. So, we will need to get through the sound connectivity in another way.
- Now, get the headphone jack plug in the one side with a speaker. After that, plug the other side of the cable into the Nintendo Switch.
- Afterward, set up the volume at full in the Nintendo and lower or manage it with the speaker.
- Further, you can do it with your gaming headset as well. Take your gaming headset and plug it into the Nintendo headphone jack, and it will connect properly.
So, that’s all you need to know about how you can easily connect your DVI cable (HDMI to DVI) to your Nintendo Switch. That way, you can play it on your PC monitor. Do you have a gaming monitor? If you don’t have it, please check and pick one of these gaming monitors for switch console from here.
2. How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV:
Do you want to know about how to connect Nintendo switch to TV? Well, it is quite usual for everyone to use the TV monitor for playing Nintendo.
Moreover, Nintendo Dock Station helps you connect with any monitor, whether it is a PC, Laptop, projector, or TV. As for that, we will acknowledge you about how to connect the Switch to the TV monitor as well.
- First, open the side panel in the Nintendo dock station.
- Now, take an HDMI adapter and plug one part in the dock connect jack, and plug the other side in the TV ( you can use an extended cable for more comfortable connectivity).
- After that, take the USB-C cable, and connect it to the power cable in the Switch dock.
- In the end, ensure the power supply by plugging the power adapter end in a power socket in the room.
Therefore, you’ll soon be able to see the Nintendo image on your TV display; you can also play it on that big screen of your TV.
3. How to Connect Nintendo Switch to Laptop:
Here we can also connect the Switch to the Laptop monitor and play on the laptop too. So, we will guide you with steps for this setup as well.
Further, for this, you will require an Elgato HD60 HDMI Capture Card.
- First, turn on your laptop and plug in the capture card. Also, connect your Switch with a power source as well.
- Then, connect the Switch’s HDMI cable with the laptop by plugging it into the HDMI cable port capture card (in part).
- On the Laptop, start the Game Capture HD and open it.
- After that, start your Nintendo console and plug in the USB cable of the Elgato Capture Game Card.
- Thus, connect the other end of the USB cable with your laptop. Within a few seconds, you’ll see the Switch home visual in the Game Capture on your laptop.
Now, you can either use the minimize screen or click on the full screen in the Game Capture to enjoy the Nintendo in the full Laptop screen.
Further, you can use this method for PS4 and XBOX to play games in the laptop visual as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
The Nintendo Switch is a great console with a lot of potential, but it may not be worth buying right now. The main reason is the lack of games. While some great games are available, such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, there are not many other must-have titles. This could change in the future, as more games are announced and released, but it might be better to wait for now.
A Nintendo Switch will cost you around $300 right now. You can also find bundle deals with games and accessories that will cost more. If you’re looking for a cheaper option, you can always get a used Switch from a reseller, but be aware that the prices can vary greatly.
Yes, you can watch Netflix on Switch. The process is simple and only requires a few steps. First, you’ll need to download the Netflix app from the Nintendo eShop. Once the app is downloaded, just launch it and sign in with your Netflix account. After that, you’ll be able to watch any Netflix content that you like.
There is no official word from Nintendo that the Switch will be discontinued, but there are some rumors that it may be happening. For this speculation, the main reason is the recent release of the Nintendo Switch Lite, which is see as a replacement for the original Switch. Only time will tell if the Switch will be discontinued, but for now, it remains one of the most popular gaming consoles on the market.
Suppose you are one of the little players who love Nintendo Switch to enjoy playing games. However, you want to use a PC monitor, but you don’t know how to connect Nintendo Switch to monitor.
Therefore, we did our best to come up with the working ways for your aid. Now, you know how to connect Switch to a PC monitor and other monitors too.
Lastly, enjoy this setup for big-screen gaming, and check out our other solutions. Also, do not hesitate to tell me about any problems you’re having regarding Nintendo.